My HL on YouTube without me knowing!

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

mickthefitter

My HL on YouTube without me knowing!

Post by mickthefitter » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:17 pm

Well slap me Sally and call me sideways - when I let a dent man remove the offside door dents in my HL last September, and I gave him the keys and went back to work in the Derby care home I was working in at the time, I had no idea he filmed it and put it on YouTube! I was looking for the videos of early Marinas with rear fuel fillers somebody spoke of in another thread. Didn't find them but found this instead!

https://youtu.be/g0AvKruQ1Pc

marinabuoy

Re: My HL on YouTube without me knowing!

Post by marinabuoy » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:36 pm

These guys try so hard to make themselves look cool by associating themselves with a Marina..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickthefitter

Post by mickthefitter » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Morris McKinnon

Post by Morris McKinnon » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:49 pm

I saw that video months ago, I thought you put it up? Well, I bet that was a surprise! :lol:

mickthefitter

Post by mickthefitter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:24 am

Morris McKinnon wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:49 pm I saw that video months ago, I thought you put it up? Well, I bet that was a surprise! :lol:
No, it wasn't me, I didn't do it, nobody saw me. No that was a complete surprise. I suppose I'm not really bothered and in a way its quite nice to see my car this way, parked up at a place where I used to work and for some things wish I still did, and getting a few clues as to what the guy did to it. He is a friend or associate of a long-term neighbour who is ex motor trade, and he was recommended to me so I decided to use him instead of using someone straight off the internet. Since the appointment had to be during working hours he came to my workplace, reception called me to say there was someone to see me, I walked outside with him to go over the damage with him, then left him with the keys and went back to work until I was called to say it was finished. So to accidentally come across the video of it being de-creased is a complete surprise. He only has about four or five videos up, this is the only classic, but his most recent filmed with snow on the ground is one where he takes a very nasty crease out of an Avensis estate and the end result is very impressive. The guy did tell me mine was his first Marina, but he did say he'd done other classics that he didn't specify so either he's only just got his camera equipment, his other classics were what some of us might think of as still modern, or my Marina was something special?

JubileeNut
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by JubileeNut » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:19 pm

Thirsty work removing dents, lovely cup as well even hooks on your tool box ;-)
I can see why he was in a hurry to scoot off, I expect he needed the loo!
" Pru, Its Kicking off "
1973 Morris Marina TC Jubilee
2013 BMW 328i M Sport F31

mickthefitter

Post by mickthefitter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:22 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: There were several loos in the care home. I could have let him in. I knew where they all were because I was repairing the bloody things as part of my maintenance job!