**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

ado28
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

quick question?

Post by ado28 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:10 am

Hi Guys,

Should you get heat out of your air vents on the mk2 marina when you point the slider to the up position or are they just fresh air vents? Also the heat to the windscreen is look warm is this normal too?

Thoughts and comments welcome

Sean
Beauty with brains behind it!

norway_triumph

Post by norway_triumph » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:13 am

both are normal, all air goes through almost the same route. turning the heat on only passes the air around the heater-rad.

Mightyzorg

Post by Mightyzorg » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:10 pm

norway_triumph wrote:both are normal, all air goes through almost the same route. turning the heat on only passes the air around the heater-rad.
That's if you are lucky enough to have a heater that has it's heat control lever actually connected to anything, unlike mine which was held in place by the cable ! Guess who'se got to take his dash out to get at the dammn thing ?? LoL

norway_triumph

Post by norway_triumph » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:01 pm

he he :(
the heater must be the most difficult item to get at on the whole car.. (well except for the resistor inside the heater :D )

MarinaCoupe

Post by MarinaCoupe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:08 pm

When I fitted my OD gearbox, I had to raise the line of the gearbox tunnel, so sensibly I removed the heater box before setting to. Having measured up I knew that I would be able to refit it afterwards.

What I hadn't bargained on was the closeness of the fit. I had to drill out all the rivets on the lower cowling, fit the upper part and then re-rivet the lower section in place. It's now there for good as I will have to remove the rivets to remove it.

Guess what - the fan is only blowing on high speed, so sooner or later it all comes apart again.

Boohoo

Uncle Frank
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by Uncle Frank » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:52 pm

Just a thought in case anyone has come across the problem i had when i converted the heater on my van (PDA), I found that when i moved the heater controls off the van heater, the control cables i had were either too short or too long!, so to get round this i had to make up two new control cables, unusually i had a brainwave on this one and found that a suitable length of copper brake pipe bent to shape, with a length of welding rod running up the middle did the job beautifully!, just spray it black before you fit it in the car and off you go, works a treat :wink:
MORRIS MARINA OWNERS CLUB.
WWW.morrismarina.org.uk
The original and still the best since 1985.

Muskydo

Post by Muskydo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:50 pm

I don't know if I've missed the point here or not,but on my Ital I seem to have fresh air thru the eyeballs regardless of slider position,never get warm air thru them, everything operating normally I thought. :?
Steve
Ital Pickup, now that's a real mans transport

1983 575 Green Ital Pickup Daily driver
1983 575 Blue Ital Pickup Under Resto
1983 575 Blue Ital Van Rolling Resto

Clan Chieftain

eyeballs

Post by Clan Chieftain » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:29 pm

agreed muskydo any marina or ital i have had have always blown cold through the eyeballs never warm air...................clan chieftain
MORRISMARINAECOSSE
SCOTLAND'S NO1

THE CLAN CHIEFTAIN.

Muskydo

Post by Muskydo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:03 pm

Middle of winter iced up windows and warm air thru the vents would be very welcome don't you think? :wink:
Steve
Ital Pickup, now that's a real mans transport

1983 575 Green Ital Pickup Daily driver
1983 575 Blue Ital Pickup Under Resto
1983 575 Blue Ital Van Rolling Resto