Wheels

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

MichaelG47

Wheels

Post by MichaelG47 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:17 am

G’Day All
I have a marina based car (marlin roadster).I am having problems finding good quality 13 tires in Canada.I thought I would like to move up to 14-inch wheels but have run across a problem .I am
IMG_2350_Fotor.jpg
IMG_2350_Fotor.jpg (43.61 KiB) Viewed 2935 times
told that the wheels have to be hub centric as the lugs are small and will not carry the weight without the hub centric wheels.I can not find anyone in N.A who knows anything about Marinas.They were imported as Austin Marina but no one has any idea about bolt pattern or offset.Are there 14-inch wheels with the correct #’s available either steel or alloy?
Thank you
Michael

MarinaCoupe

Re: Wheels

Post by MarinaCoupe » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:44 pm

The Marina Saloon/Coupe/Estate/Light Van all share the same wheel stud pattern PCD 3.75” x 4, the wheel studs are 3/8” UNF. Marina Heavy Duty vans and pickups used different axles and hubs with a stud pattern PCD 4.5” x 4, the wheel studs are 7/16” UNF.

So the first thing is to identify which you have. From the picture they look like 3.75”, but do confirm for sure before buying any wheels - it could be an expensive mistake.

Modern alloy wheels are often hub centric, however older alloy wheels rely on 60 degree angle steel inserts, so that traditional bevelled 60 steel wheelnuts will fit. There are also some older alloy wheels, Revolutions, Woolfrace, Mamba used a long tight fitting sleeved wheel nut that clamped the wheel to the hub with no bevel or steel insert.

The good news about Marina wheels is the the small PCD is the same as the small Triumph ranges - Spitfire, Herald, Dolomite, GT6, Vitesse. The larger PCD is shared with Triumph TR5, TR6, MGB, older Datsun and Toyotas.

The standard Marina offset is -13mm (in fact 1/2”). Some Triumphs etc are the same but some are 25mm (in fact 1”).
Last edited by MarinaCoupe on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MichaelG47

Post by MichaelG47 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:42 pm

Thanks . That is very helpful.
Michael

MarinaCoupe

Post by MarinaCoupe » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:23 pm

There are two parallel conversations going on here, can we combine the conversations as I’m getting bored repeating myself?