What did you do to your Marina today?

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

First-Car as Marina

Re: What did you do to your Marina today?

Post by First-Car as Marina » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:09 pm

Sounds like you have so I'm sure all will be fine :thumbup:. To be honest it's one of my most hated jobs because of the pressure not to slip :lol:
1976 1.3 DL Coupe - Retired daily after 2.5 years, smashed up, now being fixed (PDA 827R) (Lumpy)
1971 1.3 SDL Saloon - Rotting into the front garden, will resume in 2021 (VGV 616K) (Rusty)
1971 1.3 DL Coupe - MOT'ed and on the road, used as much as possible (REW 5K) (Tigger)
2013 Ford Focus Zetec S - Very economical and a great car in general

Morris McKinnon

Post by Morris McKinnon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:30 pm

First-Car as Marina wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:09 pm Sounds like you have so I'm sure all will be fine :thumbup:. To be honest it's one of my most hated jobs because of the pressure not to slip :lol:
Yeah, not my favorite job either. Knocking the seal out from behind was worrying enough!

david painter

Post by david painter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:08 pm

night rally marina.jpg
Not my car but came across this Night Rally Marina on Piston heads did a DVLA look up last taxed in 2008 so probably long gone
Dave

doullama

Post by doullama » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:43 am

Made a car-b-que from my parts-ute (very rotten) hope y'all like your steaks marina-ted! easiest way to convert a marina to electronic ignition ;) next thing is to get solar lights inside the headlight buckets, and perhaps even clean the bbq..
Attachments
carbq.jpg

doullama

Post by doullama » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:45 am

oops other picture disappeared
Attachments
carbq2.jpg

Gee tc
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by Gee tc » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:36 pm

Today was a bit of bling in readiness for the nationals.
Green champion leads
Unipart white oil filter
New wiper motor cover with correct date stamp from Josh.
New thermostat gasket.... a proper one
Chrome exhaust tip and oil cap.
Also rerubbered the original brake master cylinder as the NOS one I'd fitted was showing signs of leakage. I'll fit this next week with a NOS servo I've had for a while.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

First-Car as Marina

Post by First-Car as Marina » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:05 am

Spent the remainder of the evening putting some panels on the wall to clear some floor space :thumbup:. Just 3 front wings, 2 saloon rear quarters, 4 outer sills, 1 inner sill, 1 front valence, 1 rear valence and any other odd bits to go :lol:
IMG_20180628_220413.jpg
1976 1.3 DL Coupe - Retired daily after 2.5 years, smashed up, now being fixed (PDA 827R) (Lumpy)
1971 1.3 SDL Saloon - Rotting into the front garden, will resume in 2021 (VGV 616K) (Rusty)
1971 1.3 DL Coupe - MOT'ed and on the road, used as much as possible (REW 5K) (Tigger)
2013 Ford Focus Zetec S - Very economical and a great car in general

locost_bryan

Post by locost_bryan » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:40 am

doullama wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:43 am Made a car-b-que from my parts-ute (very rotten) hope y'all like your steaks marina-ted! easiest way to convert a marina to electronic ignition ;) next thing is to get solar lights inside the headlight buckets, and perhaps even clean the bbq..
Nice! 8-)

Needs a few of these accessories... :shifty:
Bryan
Auckland NZ

1972 Morris Marina 1750 TC Coupe "Ozzy"

MARINAMADBAZ

Post by MARINAMADBAZ » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:43 am

this is my garage walls no space left now
20180626_162851.jpg
lol

mickthefitter

Post by mickthefitter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Looks like a Marina fan's sweet shop. :lol:

Gee tc
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Re: RE: Re: What did you do to your Marina today?

Post by Gee tc » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:56 pm

MARINAMADBAZ wrote:this is my garage walls no space left now
20180626_162851.jpg
lol
Is that Linda Lusadi?

JubileeNut
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by JubileeNut » Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:48 pm

Polished brake pipes cleaned the fuel tank gave it a hoover.
Also started fitting turbo fan to cool carbs in hot stationary traffic, will be noisy but should run idle better. I will put it on a thermal switch with over ride in case.
Also it hic-upped for the first time in 8 years! On my way to see my mum in the Jubilee and the rev counter and engine cut twice really fast while doing 45 MPH. then continued as if nothing had happened.
For the rev counter to bounce to zero and back twice in a second and the engine to also follow suit I assume the condenser is going faulty or or a loose coil connection. I have check connections and not found any problems but very odd. so could be coil as well I guess but with out it doing it again or staying in that state it could be a hard find. Still I think I have all the spares in the boot.
" Pru, Its Kicking off "
1973 Morris Marina TC Jubilee
2013 BMW 328i M Sport F31

IVOR DENNEY

Post by IVOR DENNEY » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:18 pm

PAUL I had the same thing happening with mine the rev counter bouncing up and down and felt like you were switching on and of quickly
it turned out to be the condenser . I put points in ass well then re timed it its perfect first time in the 42 years I have had the TC I have
had a condenser play up , so hopefully that is all that is wrong with yours .

Gee tc
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Re: RE: Re: What did you do to your Marina today?

Post by Gee tc » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:33 pm

Also check the connection on the back of the rev counter. Back in the day mine fell off and immobilised the car !
IVOR DENNEY wrote:PAUL I had the same thing happening with mine the rev counter bouncing up and down and felt like you were switching on and of quickly
it turned out to be the condenser . I put points in ass well then re timed it its perfect first time in the 42 years I have had the TC I have
had a condenser play up , so hopefully that is all that is wrong with yours .

mickthefitter

Post by mickthefitter » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:09 am

My old Mk1 cut dead in the 80s twice. First time was at a junction when I was turning right. It restarted and carried on as if nothing had happened. Next time weeks or months later it did the same on a bend on a main road and coasted to a stop. Would not restart. Had to get passer by to help me push it to a side street and walk home! One uncle with a Capri and a tow rope came out and towed the Marina home. Another uncle with a Maxi came out and took the coil off the Maxi, put it on the Marina, and it started. Put the old coil back, it started and ran perfectly! Because it's what I did back then, I got a coil for £1 off a Marina in a scrapyard and fitted that, but with that coil the car would stall when stationary so I put the old coil back and carried the 'new' in the boot with a spanner :lol: This situation continued for the considerable remainder of time I owned the car without incident, until I sold the car to a workmate for £200 (minus the 'new' coil) needing an MoT and work on a trunnion. Soon after he got the MoT the car packed up and needed a brand new coil! :lol: Motto is, coils are very unpredictable.