Morris marina 1.8DL 1972 cluch kit

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

Hays

Morris marina 1.8DL 1972 cluch kit

Post by Hays » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:00 pm

Hi can anyone help .I'm after a Morris marina 1.8dl 1972 clutch kit ,
Just cant find i can find the tc but not DL does anyone know would the cluch be the same ,,or is there an alternative.
I have the engin and running fitted to a pilgrim bulldog, but after sat only used 7 miles a year since 2011 .after I just brought her two days later stiff crunch gears to now nothing no cluch or pressure plate ,my little pilgrim stuck 😢 please any information

PHUQ

Re: Morris marina 1.8DL 1972 cluch kit

Post by PHUQ » Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:20 pm

The clutch is the same for a DL, SDL or TC (but 1.3 and 1.8 are different).
However, are you sure it's not the clutch hydraulics that have failed? Check the clutch arm sticking out the side of the bellhousing is actually moving when you press the pedal (will need a tame assistant, or a camera set up to watch for you!). The fluid being low in the reservoir is another giveaway (but sometimes they fail to leak internally so the level doesn't really drop).

Marina clutches have a habit of sticking as well, so if the arm is moving when you press the clutch pedal but you still can't get the car into gear without grinding it might well be that the clutch plate has stuck to the flywheel. There's various methods to free it off if that's the case,
Matt
1974 1973 Tundra Black Tulip 1800 SDL TC Estate "Mud"- Freshly Franked rolling shell.
Really, really horrible 1974 Black Tulip 1300 DL- Basically compost.