Clutch Mater Cylinder

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

martinclan

Clutch Mater Cylinder

Post by martinclan » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:27 am

The clevis pin hole of my clutch master cylinder is worn past the point of being acceptable. I could, I suppose, weld it up and redrill it but thats a lot of hassle and with my welding skills could be a bit of a disaster.
From a bit of research, am I correct in thinking I could use a Triumph Spitfire master cylinder as a replacement? It has the same bore (5/8) and some motor factors seem to offer it as a diirect replacement although I can see the fluid connection is in a different place. They are also as cheap as chips :-)

Cheers, Robin

MarinaCoupe

Re: Clutch Mater Cylinder

Post by MarinaCoupe » Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:34 am

From memory I think that the pushrod arm on the Spitfire clutch master is a little shorter and the interior piston has less overall travel. I have seen them used on Marinas though.

I might have a decent used Marina pushrod/clevis in my parts stash if that would help?

martinclan

Post by martinclan » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:54 am

MarinaCoupe wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:34 am
I might have a decent used Marina pushrod/clevis in my parts stash if that would help?
Hi Chris
Thanks for the reply. Yes please to the "decent used pushrod". Much better than something that almost fits.
Cheers Robin

MarinaCoupe

Post by MarinaCoupe » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:41 pm

I have found this, both sides shown, it’s very slightly oval, I should have taken the picture from directly above the clevis hole to give a better picture. The shiny bit is where I rubbed it down.
IMG_4337.jpeg
IMG_4335.jpeg

martinclan

Post by martinclan » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:16 pm

Hi Chris
I sent you a PM (I hope)
Cheers, Robin