1973 1275 "Super" Coupe In Blaze ....

Post by Jd » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:37 pm

Hiya all !

This is at my local classics garage

And By god it's a bargain !

http://www.swclassiccars.com/car.php?vid=355

£750 ?

Whats Bill been smoking ?

It's still got the original dealer sticker in the back window for christsakes !

"Taylors Of Falmouth, We deal in Morris, Austin, Riley and Wolseley"

It's on an "RL" plate (Cornish), and was registered where the local Trago Mills is !

It's a peach, and as it's a local garage, the car was unlocked with the key in the glovebox.

Popped the bonnet, and it's filthy dirty, but I spat on my finger and gave it a wipe ... came up like new !
Just needs a damn good clean and the Rocker cover would benefit from and sand and a paint as would the servo.

The only rust is on the B Pillar door shut, and would grind down as it's only surface.

Some unmentionable swine has nicked the "Coupe" badge off the back, and a "Morris" one off the front.
But, the paint has an amazing shine, the brightwork is all amazing .... and you haven't heard the best bit ...

It was a rainy, cold winters day, I got the key out, slotted it into the barrel, and turned, and it burst into life, 1st time, 7 Degrees C outside, and no choke !
My uncle has worked on thousands of A series', working at many garages, and for the RAC, He said it's running perfectly, and even after it's 65,000 (Probably Local) Miles, still runs like a new engine .... sounds Quite rorty too , My uncle is having it up on the ramp, and is seriously contemplating it !

It's a lovely little car, and perfect for meee ! (it would essentially be bought for and because of me, and would be mine at 17), The best colour, the best body style and an insurable, tuneable 1275 !

I would if I got it :

Uprated discs and pads, new brake fluid, new G Box fluid, new engine oil and filter, rad flushed and refilled, new back axle oil, rust grinded, treated and painted, Take out the single speaker and cassette player, Fit original sterio, wire through to a modern head unit in glove box, make up a faceplate and mount 3 gauges where the speaker went, Hide two good front speakers, uprate the two on the rear parcel shelf, twin SU's off a Midget 1275, 3 into one manifold with SS exhaust, halogen headlamps, and generally tweak, clean and fiddle

Very nice eh ?

Jack
Wanting the 1973 Morris Marina, 1300 Super, Coupe in Blaze at my local classic garage ... HRL 281L ... I want you ! you are YUMMY !

ClaytonSpeed
FMM Site Admin
FMM Site Admin
Location: 4 Counties: North Warwickshire / South Derbyshire / Staffordshire / Leicestershire

Post by ClaytonSpeed » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:49 pm

Looks and sounds excellent!

If you need uprated brakes/suspension then give us a shout. I make and sell them!

Ben
Morris Marina Owners Club: Magazine Editor
'73 MG Marina Turbo Saloon - Back on the road with T16 turbo power
'72 TC Coupe' 'SLK' - 1950cc - Asleep - possible retirement project E.T.A 2049

James Riley

Post by James Riley » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:41 am

Hi m8, welcome to the forums.

A word of advice, if you seriously want that car, don't tell us where we can all go and buy it!!!! lol :wink:

Hope you get i, that looks very smart indeed - one word of caution - get some wing mirrors!!!!

~Sam~

Post by ~Sam~ » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:16 pm

Ooh shiny. Looks great keep us updated :)

Uncle Frank
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by Uncle Frank » Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:32 pm

Hi Jack, what a lovely Coupe, that looks like a real steal at £750...if you are really after a good Marina that looks like the perfect car for starters, they don`t come along like that very often..go for it mate, welcome aboard!! :wink: :) Frank.
MORRIS MARINA OWNERS CLUB.
WWW.morrismarina.org.uk
The original and still the best since 1985.