Gone.....

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

Marinanut

Gone.....

Post by Marinanut » Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Well, finally the ex-AA van left the drive, hopefully for a new life in Kent. The guy who has bought it has a Maestro van, also ex-AA and 'other vehicles', and whilst loading we noticed a couple of details I hadn't picked up on. One was the roof mounted AA box holes and power feed hole still in there, just with bungs in to seal them, the size of the towbar and its mounts (ruddy great thing but clearly a factory-fit job) and as the light caught the side of the van, "AA Po-- Serv---s" was just legible. Going on what info I had gleaned, this may have been a van based at Dover Docks for getting broken down vehicles off the ferries... maybe? I now have a suspicion the split charging system for the two batteries may have been original as well... That would also explain the copious tinworm!
I told the driver who collected it that the Club does panels for these vehicles, so maybe the new owner will be after some bits...?

Anyway, the Ital Estate now sits where the van sat.
The classic car movement needs Jeremy Clarkson like Jenson Button needs a towhitch and a Sprite Musketeer....