Girling master cylinder seals.

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

cowboybob

Girling master cylinder seals.

Post by cowboybob » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:03 pm

Seasons greetings all,

Can anyone advise if master cylinder repair kits/seals are available for a late, tandem, Girling master cylinder. The ones on the plastic car are "stuck" and I think releasing them will only damage them.

Also I dont know if it's the cold or my age, but for every job I've done on the car lately I have a pulled muscle/cricked joint to show for it :oops: . Poss due to working in a cramped garage,wearing 5 jumpers.
Roll on summer I'm peed of with winter already :cry:
If it ain't broke take it apart anyway,at least you will know how it works when it does break.

Marinanut

Post by Marinanut » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:15 pm

I need some seals for the Ital's master cyl....Help!
The classic car movement needs Jeremy Clarkson like Jenson Button needs a towhitch and a Sprite Musketeer....

The General

Post by The General » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:02 pm

they may still be available off the shelf at some places. i will see if i can get you some numbers tomorrow at work for the tally

cowboybob

Post by cowboybob » Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:44 pm

Many thanks

I have had a couple of people say there no longer available but they could get master cylinders ????
If it ain't broke take it apart anyway,at least you will know how it works when it does break.

v6pop

Post by v6pop » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:52 pm

As eloues mentioned,you may need a new master.
Before you chase up the seals,take the master apart and check it hasnt corroded inside leaving a groove in the cylinder bore where the seal would rest.What are your brake wheel cylinders like? If the cars been off the road for a time these can start leaking when used again.
Be worth a complete check over before you use it again,better safe than sorry :(

As for damaging ones self while working on the car,I spent 2 hours at the hospital last night having bits of marina removed from my right eye....kin hurts now!!.....got the new custom made rear exhaust box on though :D