*** SPECIAL TUNING***(what good are these?)

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

The original northen boy

*** SPECIAL TUNING***(what good are these?)

Post by The original northen boy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:07 pm

In my collection of Marina spares,and i have quite a few bits,(over 100 brand new eye ball-vents to name one) i also have some genuine Leyland special tuning items,but the strangest ones must be the solid stainless steel engine mountings,don't know what advantage these would have over the convential ones,but indeed i have some,two sets of S.T engine staberlisers,and my prize possesion a genuing Marina limited slip differential.oh and a police clock holder that fitts into the speaker grille the other stuff i can work out it's benefits,but the stainless engine mountings just not sure on this one ,let me know your thoughts on this Russ.... :?
Last edited by The original northen boy on Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*** "MARINA PICK-UP A REAL MAN'S VEHICLE" ***

ClaytonSpeed
FMM Site Admin
FMM Site Admin
Location: 4 Counties: North Warwickshire / South Derbyshire / Staffordshire / Leicestershire

Post by ClaytonSpeed » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:16 pm

Solid engine mounts are used mainly in race/rally applications so help stop the engine moving under fast gear changes. It will get the power to the ground quicker. Soft mounts cause the engine to wobble/rock under power, solid ones don't.

Not for road use!! My friend has fitted solid mounts to his Pug 306 Fast Road car and boy do they work well! Not good at low speeds cos the vibrations are terrible!

If you don't need a set im always happy to assist! =)

Ben
Morris Marina Owners Club: Magazine Editor
'73 MG Marina Turbo Saloon - Back on the road with T16 turbo power
'72 TC Coupe' 'SLK' - 1950cc - Asleep - possible retirement project E.T.A 2049

JIM73
Have you seen my spoon?

Post by JIM73 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:18 pm

I think Uncle Frank might be interested in the ST parts Russ !! 8) And he might be able to shed some light on the stainless engine mounts !! :wink:
http://www.morrismarina.org.uk
The original and still the best since 1985.

The original northen boy

Post by The original northen boy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:56 pm

Found a few more bits"n"bobs in the collection,a stainless steel sump guard,plexiglass rear windows (coupe) extra wide brake pedal (i think for heel and toeing)dog leg gear stick, two green plexiglass sun visors (not too sure on this one) conversion kit to turn the door release mech to a cable pull type (like the old Mini) a rear stainless steel body strengthener (fits in the boot) S.T engine cut of switch/S.T fuel cut of switch,over size washer bottle,bracket and arm to move clutch slave cylinder,S.T fly-off hand brake kit (these last bits might be Mini S.T not Marina),Will look for some more when i get the time.....

ClaytonSpeed
FMM Site Admin
FMM Site Admin
Location: 4 Counties: North Warwickshire / South Derbyshire / Staffordshire / Leicestershire

Post by ClaytonSpeed » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:48 pm

If you can get some pics/drawings of the sump a few of us would be interested =)

Ben
Morris Marina Owners Club: Magazine Editor
'73 MG Marina Turbo Saloon - Back on the road with T16 turbo power
'72 TC Coupe' 'SLK' - 1950cc - Asleep - possible retirement project E.T.A 2049

norway_triumph

Post by norway_triumph » Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:41 am

For the engine mounts Ben are spot-on.
and if you decide to sell i guess there are many takers here :)
some of the parts might be copied so i would love few pics and measurements if you find the time to post

The original northen boy

S.T pictures and dimensions....

Post by The original northen boy » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:51 am

Gentleman your wish is my command,i'll get onto this some time this week,and will also see what else is there in the collection,
Will have a word with Ray (The General) about how to get pictures on the forum (sorry don't think i'll be able to do the limited slip differential)

The General

Post by The General » Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:40 pm

as i said on the phone russ , any time it's no problem.

The General

Post by The General » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:45 pm

i'm on the case with those pics and stuff now russ, thanks again for the st bits will be down as arranged to collect them.

The original northen boy

Post by The original northen boy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:17 pm

Ray, your more than welcome nice to know that you'll appreciate the stuff,thank for the offer on limited slip diff and the modified engines and the other stock i have ,can you let me think about it a while longer,as i'm not that sure what my plans are,but sadly i need to make space,as you know I'm holding parts in my cellar at work, as we spoke i'm not into making money out of the spares i want them to be used to save another Marina or Ital,or "go to a good home" if do decide to part with them
Russ

The General

Post by The General » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:23 pm

no probs russ i know your still thinking over the offer on the engines and diff etc. will speak to you soon to arrange the sheffield booze up and will bring some of the northern bpys with me. Thank again for the st parts.

The original northen boy

Post by The original northen boy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:44 pm

Look forward to it just let me get my kidney ready for it,will introduce you to the world famous "Roger and Out" as once mentioned in the Guinness book of world records,(just ask The Dragnet about the stuff)
Sheffield Wednesday match,the Owleton Grayhound track,and a night on the town
(know your a 80's man so thats not a problem,finish off with a curry hows that sound?
P.S your offer is very,very tempting indeed
Russ

The General

Post by The General » Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:51 pm

well my kidney's are fine cause i've hardly touched it over the new year, if we're going to an owls match i'm sure there will be other entertainment going on cause you ain't the best at the moment are you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kilroy

Post by Kilroy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:56 am

Russ
Be most interested to buy - or at least see a picture of - an engine stabiliser..?
Been trying to design something in this dept. and copying an existing setup would no doubt be a lot easier.
Any info appreciated.
Cheers,
Kilroy

The original northen boy

Re-Killroy

Post by The original northen boy » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Not a problem,i wanted to try and get round to this this week,but what with the new year,my plans have been put back a little,but will get this sorted,first chance i get,i'll post pictures,and a working drawings plus dimensions,strange thing about all the S.T stuff is it all seems to be in stainless steel, :?
p.s thanks for the offer but not made my mind up what i want to do with the S.T bits yet (but have new eye-ball vents that we can haggle over)
Russ....