**MORE ABOUT CLARKSON**

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

The original northen boy

**MORE ABOUT CLARKSON**

Post by The original northen boy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:16 pm

Jeremy Clarkson's hatred for MG Rover (BL,BMC Austin Morris,British Leyland) is well known,When MG Rover stopped trading in Apr 2005 with the loss of over 6000 worker and related industry jobs,and a loss to the tax payer of over £230 million,Clarkson told the Sunday times,
"When i first heard the news my first thought was good,i cannot even get teary about the demise of the company itself-although i do feel sorry for
the workers"(bbc news co.uk)
Well the ex public school boy can lay claim to being an instrument in its downfall,along with New Labour and its refusal to offer cash help to aid British Manufactring (unlike its help to Northen Rock financial)
I wonder if Mr Clarkson will like the Chinese built cars when they start to be imported into the country again,more than he did when they were british built?
*** "MARINA PICK-UP A REAL MAN'S VEHICLE" ***

marinabrian

Post by marinabrian » Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:37 pm

Probably Russ, being Anti-British is in vogue this season, he's a to$$er alright is Clarkson!, nearly as bad as Tony Mason, & that doggy bird from Sheffield with the All Aggro " I don't like the marina , they're right square like!".

My stance on British manufacturing is as follows, if there is a comparable product made in this country, I will purchase it regardless of whether you can buy a one manufactured in P.R.C. for a fraction of the price. As an example the toaster packed up over the festive period, new one from Tesco £15, new Dualit toaster made in the UK £175, so bollocks to the cheap import, I'm now the proud owner of an item manufactured in the UK.
Support manufacturing in this country, the nations wealth is based upon it, service industries are not real jobs, in the sense that they contribute nothing to the economic well being of the country!.
So if you don't mind the fact that manufacturing jobs are being lost to cheap imports then by all means carry on buying the cheap stuff, but remember if people had been a bit more patriotic in their buying habits when it came to cars, then we wouldn't be mourning the loss of our indigenous motor industry.
You have been warned!

Buy British

Brian :D :idea:

dandaz

Post by dandaz » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:56 pm

Marinanut

Post by Marinanut » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:22 pm

What a plonker! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The classic car movement needs Jeremy Clarkson like Jenson Button needs a towhitch and a Sprite Musketeer....

Uncle Frank
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by Uncle Frank » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:20 pm

:wink: Totally agree Brian, the bloke is a complete to$$er, looks like he got what he deserved for once! :lol: , as for buying British, well you are spot-on again, shame a few more didn`t think that way before we lost all our manufacturing industry :wink: :roll: .
MORRIS MARINA OWNERS CLUB.
WWW.morrismarina.org.uk
The original and still the best since 1985.

JoshWard

Post by JoshWard » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:32 pm

And it went to a good charity as well :) I was born after most British industries collapsed but I still try and buy British- just secondhand!

Pont.skins
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by Pont.skins » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:57 pm

You can still get UK made Michelin tyres 175/70/13 as well as a couple of other profiles :D

I've just found some new "British Made" saucepans on E-Bay :roll: .How sad is that?
Pont.Skins