Congrats to the North West branch

**Topics directly related to Marinas and Itals**

Moderators: ClaytonSpeed, balmy

martinmarina

Congrats to the North West branch

Post by martinmarina » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:04 pm

I would like to offer my thanks and congratulations to Paul Davies and to Phil Dunster of the MMOC North West branch for organising a fantastic 2007 National set in stunning scenery in the Lake District.

The roads runs were fantastic fun , the company was warm and friendly , the Beer even better :D

The cars were fantastic no matter where they were from , for me it was and is all about friendship and the Marina/Ital and it's derivatives .

Paul next time I see you m8 I will get the beers in :D
WWW.MORRISMARINAECOSSE.COM

Scotland and the North Of England's 1 & only

MarinaCoupe

Post by MarinaCoupe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:46 pm

:D

I agree with Martin - all power to the North West - Paul, Phil and the rest did a great job.

minispeedstar

Post by minispeedstar » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:10 pm

Sounded like a good weekend, don't take the Criticisms from the visitors to heart Paul and Phil.. :wink:
If a link was changed to "ebay linky" then that was probably Sam, because she's sad..

ScottishTC

Post by ScottishTC » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:02 pm

Wholeheartedly agree with Martin's comments - well done Paul, Phil and the rest of the hardworking souls from the North West!

Unfortunately I could only manage down on the Sunday and only have the pictures from Saturday's frolics but the show was a great success and very enjoyable!

Great location and great company...what more could you want!?

ClaytonSpeed
FMM Site Admin
FMM Site Admin
Location: 4 Counties: North Warwickshire / South Derbyshire / Staffordshire / Leicestershire

Post by ClaytonSpeed » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:05 pm

It was a spot on weekend. I didn't get to meet everyone on the day but those that I did it was really good to meet you!

Ben
Morris Marina Owners Club: Magazine Editor
'73 MG Marina Turbo Saloon - Back on the road with T16 turbo power
'72 TC Coupe' 'SLK' - 1950cc - Asleep - possible retirement project E.T.A 2049

stuthegasman
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by stuthegasman » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:11 pm

here here ! a fabulous weekend with lots of likeminded enthusiasts all helping to keep the marina alive

Clan Chieftain

national

Post by Clan Chieftain » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:47 pm

8) really good.well done everyone who was involved..................clan chieftain.
MORRISMARINAECOSSE
SCOTLAND'S NO1

THE CLAN CHIEFTAIN.

Gee tc
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by Gee tc » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:03 am

HI,

I just want to echo the sentiments expressed in above posts.
We attended the national on Sunday and enjoyed it thoroughly.
The weather was wonderful and you couldnt ask for a better venue,wel worth going the distance if you ask me and also fantastic gardens for my tree hugging Mrs! According to her I have a Morris Mania....
The last i went to was at Gaydon back in 97 and blew my engine coming home ....so I went with some trepidation!
I managed to get some of the last parts I needed to finish my TC(wheelarch trims) so even with the fuel from Chester it was still cheaper than an eBay purchase and much more fun too.
I was called by the area rep 'Paul' several months ago and found him a nice guy so I just had to go!
From a personal point of view it was great to see Harry Hayes there as he and his car 'joey' the oldest surviving 1.8 I believe, helped to put the Marina back into the public eye. I wasn't sure if they were both still about so good to see.
I think we should have a whipround for the guy who did the 'life on mars' bit. It must've been hell wearing that sheepskin in the heat!!!
as for the prize catagories everyone should have got a prize..
To sum up , A great day out and hope fully I'll get mine done and there one day,hopefully soon.

Tony

ado28
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by ado28 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:31 am

Gee tc wrote:HI,

I think we should have a whipround for the guy who did the 'life on mars' bit. It must've been hell wearing that sheepskin in the heat!!!

Tony
A whip around sounds like an excellent idea, this poor guy turns up at all the rallies in his tin flute these days, I think his trackies have been knocked off the washing line
Beauty with brains behind it!

ScottishTC

Post by ScottishTC » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:56 pm

Yeah, the kids nick anything round my way....even one chrome rim from the TC (I could understand nicking the whole set, but one?? :? )

A whip round is a nice idea - but, by wearing the tin flute, I must've lost about a stone in weight so I've saved a fortune in gym fees!! :D

ado28
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by ado28 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:44 pm

lol Stuart, what a great way to save on gym fees but a rather smelly and wet way at that with lots of bo etc. Sweating the fat off seems like a good way to lose weight but I'd rather have my clothes off at the time :lol: See you on Sunday m8

MarinaCoupe

Post by MarinaCoupe » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:04 pm

Come on Stuart - you got a club shirt at the Nats - you can wear that now - O-er.

Horrible mental image there!

ScottishTC

Post by ScottishTC » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:26 pm

Yes, Chris, that club t-shirt will save me a lot of hassle when it comes to car shows....no more wringing out shirts for me when I get home!! :wink:

Those nylon shirts have a lot to answer for!! :oops:

Now I follow your thinking Sean (even if the mental imagery is disturbing!) but you don't have to take off your clothes for that!!

ado28
FMM Supporter
FMM Supporter

Post by ado28 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:18 am

You’ve been watching too much shameless Stuart lol :oops:

norway_triumph

Post by norway_triumph » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:31 am

GREAT weekend, GREAT people, GREAT cars. Honours to the NW-branch and everyone involved to make this happen :)